Monday, August 2, 2010

Oma would be very proud of her. . .


I am no longer the only seamstress in our household! Here is Frances hemming a full-length linen skirt :)

It is so convenient that my daughters are also left-handed, allowing us to share the sewing scissors and to set up the ironing board in the left-handed manner.

I'm sure Athena will catch onto sewing as soon as she sees Frances producing clothing made exactly to specification . . .

. . . and the view from Mom's desk down onto the big maple tree is very nice, too. Perfectly inspiring for creative endeavor :)


5 comments:

  1. I have like 5 pair of pants that need to be hemmed!! I know that's not very creative work but useful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll ask her what she charges . . .are they the type of pants that need hand-hemming or jeans-type that can be done by machine?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I full-length linen skirt takes a lot of skill! I'm very impressed... and Oma would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to see this skill passed onto her granddaughter. She really would be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Oma would be very proud but not at all surprised that Frances is so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  5. uh not sure... they are my work pants, kahki's etc.

    ReplyDelete